Saturday, May 30, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple


I had an opportunity Wednesday night to go volunteer at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. I was able to be an usher and I was on the third floor outside of the beautiful sealing rooms. It was so peaceful, and I felt so blessed to stand there as groups were brought through to look at the temple. We took Lucas and Ty to the Draper open house but I can't wait to take our family to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. Lucas has watched the temple being built and I remember the day he said, "Mom, the angel Moroni is up." I hope he remembers the experience of watching the temple being built, and then going inside to see it.

I also felt the power of prayer through this experience. I had been sick with a horrible cough and as Wednesday grew closer I just knew I wouldn't be able to fulfill my assignment. I felt Bryan's love for me as he prayed for me to get well enough to go. Tuesday night I didn't know how I would do it because I still felt so sick. Wednesday came and although I still coughed a little the difference was amazing. I'm grateful for temples, prayer, and our Heavenly Father's love. Many of you have just gone through the Draper open house, but if you get a chance come visit the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. It's a great opportunity to have these temple so close to us. In fact, there are three temples in viewing distance from my home (South Jordan, Draper, Oquirrh Mountain) and I'm within an hour of eight temples! (Provo, Timpanogos, Draper, South Jordan, Oquirrh Mountain, Salt Lake, Bountiful, and Ogden). Okay, so Ogden may be pushing it but you get the idea.

4 comments:

LeShel said...

I'm SO glad you were able to present as a volunteer! What a great testimony experience and a great place to spend an evening.
LOVE YOU

jjjensenfamily said...

I'm really quite envious, especially with a nursing baby. It takes 35 minutes to get to our temple, and that makes it impossible when Megan has to eat so often. If I lived close, like you, there would be time in between feedings to go. I'm glad you were able to help--that sounds like a neat experience.

Camille said...

Thank you for sharing your experience. I also loved your story about your earing.

I can't wait to go see the new temple!! We are so spoiled!

Adrianne said...

I'm so glad you git to volunteer. Thanks for the reminder of the importance of temple work. I can't wait to take our family through to see it.