Saturday, June 13, 2009

Ty is one

Ty's first birthday kind of snuck up on me last month. I can't believe he's one! We had a small party with some family. He got a few presents that he has enjoyed playing with. He has been walking since 11 months and is working on the stairs. He is able to up and down them but sometimes decides he's tired of going down backwards. So he turns around and tries to go down them like one of us. It's scary but he is learning and hopefully by the end of the summer I won't have to worry quite so much. He loves following Lucas around and get's upset when someone leaves the house without him. He loves playing outside, playing in the toilet, throwing whatever he finds into my tub, and getting into the cupboards with all the poisonous things. He is so fun and we love him.
His birthday made me think of the last two years and how LUCKY I feel to have him in our home. I really do consider both our children miracles. I am so grateful for him and for the way he smiles!

5 comments:

LeShel said...

what a beautiful picture of your one year old.
HOW could it possibly have been a year since he was born?
Hooray for birthdays and cute kids and great pictures to remember the moments that pass too fast.

Suzanne said...

WOW! I can't believe he is one!! What a cutie! Can't wait to see you guys in July! Aria says to tell him Happy Birthday!

Adrianne said...

Happy Birthday Ty. That second picture makes him look like an angel. What a beautiful baby! We are so lucky to have such miracles surrounding us.

Camille said...

He is so cute!! I haven't seen him in forever and he has really grown-up a lot!!

What lucky Mom's we are to have two wonderful children.

Cristy said...

Happy Birthday Ty! I can't believe he is one. Such a cute boy!!! This last year has gone for fast for me, I'm sure it has for you too!! At the end of the month Jack will be going into nursery. It's the first time I haven't wanted to let him go. :( Can't wait to see you guys soon!