Tuesday, February 15, 2011

When Lying is Approved

A few weeks ago Bryan did a video side job and made a little extra money. A week or two later I asked him where the money was. He really needs a computer just for him and his editing work and when he does extra jobs I try and save a bit of it for him so he can someday get a dream machine. He told me he didn't have the money yet. He was waiting on approval from the person he did the video for. I remember thinking it was strange because I was sure he'd told me he'd already been paid, but I didn't think much of it.

Fast forward to Valentine's Day. Every year Lucas draws a map and Bryan and the boys hide a few things in the house and I go on a treasure hunt. (By the way this started before kids when Bryan surprised me with a Valentine's Day hunt after work. Very romantic.) This year, because of the new Pilot, our discretionary money has been greatly reduced. Sooo, for Valentine's Day I was expecting a treasure hunt with lots of chocolate and maybe one small gift. I go on the hunt and find some chocolate from Ty and some chocolate from Lucas. The last surprise was in the oven, I reached in, pulled out a bag and said, 'Nordstoms? WHAT did you get me?' Inside was a bottle of my favorite perfume which I have been out of for some time. Channel No. 5. He knew it was on my list and that I would never actually buy it for myself. So thoughtful and nice, especially when it means he will have to wait even longer for his big, bad, editing computer.

I will approve Bryan lying to me whenever he does something that sweet.

4 comments:

Penradicals said...

How sweet and thoughtful :)

BensonFam said...

Go Jeppsen boys! Lucas told me all about the treasure hunt today at piano and he was so cute and so excited about it.

The Gatherers said...

oh how thoughtful!

Roger and Deborah Garner said...

Bryan is so thoughtful!