Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mockingjay


The third and last book to 'The Hunger Games' series comes out on Tuesday of next week. I've posted before about my issues with reading the ends of the books first. I've been thinking about this book in particular and wanting to open it to the last page and read how it ends. The truth is I do enjoy the suspense when I don't know the ending but I usually can't help myself. So--any suggestions? How do I read it and not skip ahead? I could try reading it really fast but next week is a busy one for me and so I don't know if that's even possible. Maybe stay up Tuesday night until it's done? Book club is at my home that night so do you think my friends will be offended if I read while we have book club? If you have any helpful hints let me know--I'm open to suggestions.

6 comments:

LeShel said...

I say peek at the back of the book. There is no reason to torture yourself.
You were in my dream last night. I so miss you!!!!

BensonFam said...

That's amazing that you can do that. I hate knowing the end of a book while I'm reading it (although I usually can't put a good one down and end up reading all night long to find out what happens...) I say get a sitter and read like mad if you don't like the night owl option. (I'll tend while you read if you tend while I read...) :)

KS said...

Cut the last third out of the book and give it to Bryan? I'm not sure of the best way, but I know I don't want to know how it ends until I read how they get there. It would ruin it for me. Maybe you could some how use rubber bands to secure the last pages. That way you'll think twice before reading the end and can't just quickly turn to it or "accidentally" see something. Good luck! This is the first book I've ordered in a long time. I just couldn't wait until I'd get it through the library.

Gabriela said...

DON'T DO IT!!!

:) We can't wait for next Tuesday either.

Oh, and I have to thank you for recommending Mistborn-the first book was awesome! I'm waiting on the second from the library and growing impatient, I might just have to order it.

RU on Goodreads? We should hook up.

Melissa said...

I'm waiting for my copy to arrive any day!! I thought I would reread the first two, but I just want to jump in on the third one! I miss book club--they don't have one here!!

Sandra Howton said...

I had the same idea as Kelli, cut out the last chapter and have Bryan the guardskeeper. So what did you end up doing? Aunt Sandra