Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Bingham Copper Mine

We've lived in Riverton for six years now and we had never gone to the Bingham Copper Mine--which is only 10 miles from our home. So today Lucas, Ty, and myself went with some friends. It was crazy busy because it's free right now but I'm glad we went early so that we missed the biggest crowds.
If you click on this picture and enlarge it you'll see some trucks driving back up. They look so small from where we were standing.
Here is a closer view of one of the mega trucks.

And here is a tire from one of the mega trucks.
The wind was blowing so hard I was afraid it was going to blow my camera right out of my hand! I did get a little dizzy looking down, it was pretty amazing.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow! that looks cool. I have always wanted to go there. Thanks for sharing the pictures

Roger and Deborah Garner said...

Me too Steph! Pretty amazing. I thought it was closed. Are they still mining?

LeShel said...

I am finally caught up on your blog. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress for the wedding. Excellent choice. It looks like the wedding was wonderful.
Love the pics of the trip to the Copper Mine. Super fun.... miss it.
Thanks for the time we were able to spend together. I miss you!