Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Flag Football

This year we decided to let Lucas play flag football. He is having so much fun. He loves playing baseball but I think his real love is football. He wants to be a wide receiver one day and is always going in the backyard to practice catching the ball. During one game he caught the ball in the end zone and Bryan was able to get some great pictures of it.

Then he was given the ball on a reverse and ran it 90 yards for a touchdown.

Last night he came to me in tears after the game because he didn't get a touchdown, in fact, he didn't get the ball all night. He was so sad and said in the car, 'I used to think someday I could be a great wide receiver but now I know I can't." I had a talk with him about how lots of players have bad games and all we want him to do it have fun and try his best. I hope I got that through to him so that he won't be so hard on himself. What a funny kid!

4 comments:

Gabriela said...

Great photos. I can't imagine a son of yours *not* being crazy about football. :)

jjjensenfamily said...

It is so funny that Lucas knows the names of all the positions. I think my boys would recognize a football, but that is as far as football goes. I guess that kids learn what their parents know.

Adrianne said...

Unbelievable pictures. I am glad to hear he is having so much fun. It is good for them to learn that they aren't always going to be the one scoring the touch downs but it is important that they help their team. You should blow one of the pictures up to a 16X20 and give it to him in a frame for Christmas.

Jennilynn and Jeff said...

It is interesting to see our kids have such high expectations of themselves. Sounds like Lucas is the same way as Joelle--wanting to do things 'perfectly'. You did good, creating a learning opportunity for him.