Friday, August 28, 2009

1st Grade

Lucas started 1st grade yesterday. He was so excited and so nervous. I can always tell when he is nervous because his smile is a little bit different. He got to wear his Bulls t-shirt and use his new backpack and lunch bag.
I waited for him on the front porch. It is so nice that his new bus stop is at the top of our street. I can see him get off and I don't even have to leave the house! That will be especially nice this winter.
After school I surprised him with a giant "1" cookie that stood for 1st grade. He loved it and to may amazement ate almost the whole thing right then! He is such a great kid. He is fun, friendly, and smart!

6 comments:

LeShel said...

he's a cutie!!

Roger and Deborah Garner said...

Lynne, he is so cute. I was wondering how his first day went. Are the full days different for you and him?
Mom

Adrianne said...

He is a doll and he is getting so big. He is lucky to have such a great mom who made a stinking awesome cookie! Way to go.

Camille said...

Wow! 1st grade! How exciting! What a cute Mom you are to make him a 1 cookies! Great idea!

Jennilynn and Jeff said...

Good idea on the cookie. Hope that he likes his class!

Unknown said...

HI! That is soo cool! Tell lucas I said, Hi!