Thursday, February 23, 2012

Dystopian

The Dysotpian novel seems to be the new 'it' thing in YA literature. I've read three in the last few months. I have another one waiting for me in my bedroom, however I need a break and so I'll read something else first. Overall though I tend to like this type of novel. They make me think about human nature and our ability as individuals to overcome obstacles and heartache. Plus, I have to admit there is always a little romance involved and anything with a love story draws me in. So if you liked The Hunger Games here are some more genre related books to read. None of these are as violent, although, the last on the list does have more violence than the first two.
Legend by Marie Lu
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Delirium by Lauren Oliver

4 comments:

LeShel said...

would my boys like these? or is there too much romance for a guy?

KS said...

Thanks for the review. I like to look at your list of books when I need something new.

Lynne said...

Bryan read Hunger Games and didn't mind it too much. He's even going to go to the movie with me. I'd say have them give them a try. I think Divergent might be their best bet. There is a lot more action at the end (guns, shooting) than in the others. It's a little disturbing but not graphic. Does that make sense. Also--Chicken pot pie recipe, I promised it to both of you. Sorry I'm so lame. I'll get it posted.

The Gatherers said...

thanks for the reccomendations, I'm terrible at picking out books on my own!