Thursday, November 18, 2010

8th Birthday

Lucas is 8 years old! He had a great birthday with lots of fun surprises. Toy guns from friends, a movie mug (free refills at Larry Miller theaters here in Utah), clothes, and some new Iron Man toys he bought with birthday money.
What he has wanted more than anything is an Austin Collie Colt's jersey. We told him they were really hard to fine--which they are in his size--and that maybe Santa could find one. However, I managed to track one down about two months ago and have been waiting for his birthday ever since. These pictures really show his reaction.
He was soooo excited and ran around the room giving me, Bryan, and Ty all big hugs.
He is such a remarkable boy and we are so happy to have him in our home. I always want to remember his zeal for sports. He can't watch a game on TV without playing along. We're lucky we have a family room that lets him. He does so well in school, makes friends easily, and tries to be nice to everyone. He loves Ty--he also teases him mercilessly--but that's part of being a big brother right? He loves telling me that I'm addicted to whatever book I'm reading or game I'm playing on my iPod. And this part is silly but I love that he took after Bryan and I can can read incredibly well. We love you Lucas and can't wait until December 4th for your baptism!

4 comments:

BensonFam said...

He was so proud of that jersey when I pointed it out at his piano lesson the other day. What an awesome present! (And seriously, what an awesome kid! I just think he's the greatest!)

Karen said...

What a fun birthday! You sure did a great job of capturing his joy when he saw his new jersey. Lucas sure is a special boy - one-of-a-kind, just like his parents!

Roger and Deborah Garner said...

What a fun birhtday. I told him there are some birthdays that are worth remembering. Number 8 is one of them. The jersey is like icing on the cake! There is cubscouts and babtism too. What a fun age to be!!!

LeShel said...

Hooray for finding the BEST birthday gift and for catching the joy in the photo's.
Congrats on birthday number 8! Go Lucas