Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Troublemaker

Each baby is so unique and different. Of course I know that. With Lucas we had no need to put baby locks on anything. It's not that he didn't get into things, but he didn't get into things much. The most we did was get outlet covers so he wouldn't electrocute himself. So, here comes Ty and I think, 'I don't need to get child locks, just outlet covers.' Ty is like a tornado. He goes from one thing to the next. One of his favorite things is to get into my pots and pans and play with them on the little table. He puts as many as he can on the table. Invariably they start to fall off, making lots of noise. Then he starts to throw them off the table to make even more noise. (This is usually when they get put up on the counter where he can't get them.) My cupboard starts to look bare as he continues to get more and more out through out the day.

We have now put the little table in the family room so that there is not so much noise from pans falling or being thrown on the floor.

This morning I went to visit an elderly lady in our ward boundaries. She is not a member but is a sweet lady who we help when we can. Ty found her stool and proceeded to drag it around her kitchen. There was nothing he could get into, right? I look over to find him pouring a cup of coffee down his front and all over her floor! There is never a dull moment at our home when he is awake.

5 comments:

LeShel said...

tell me that is a picture of Lucas many years ago. It doesn't really look like Lucas but I can't handle the idea of it being Ty.

Gabriela said...

I know just what you mean. I've had two mild mannered toddlers and two tornados. Man, do they keep you busy. My only advice is to blog about it, it makes the messes seem funny. :)

Adrianne said...

So much fun! I don't have locks either. It is so fun to see what they get in. Just be glad you don't have Moon Sand. It is a cruel invention from some man that has never cleaned his house. Anywho, can't wait to see you!

Stephanie said...

I LOVE the troublemakers for 2 reasons, First of all I was one of them and secondly.....I don't have to take care of the clean up, I just get to be entertained by the stories!

Roger and Deborah Garner said...

Lynne, he just gets cuter every day! He is a fun boy. You would think with having nine kids that maybe a couple of you would have some of the same charactoristics, (I know that must be misspelled but it is a long word) Anyway, all nine are so different from each other.