Monday, January 19, 2009

New Obsession

I've found a new book series to be obsessed about. It is called "Mortal Instruments" and there are two books in it right now. They are "City of Bones" and "City of Ashes". "City of Glass" will be out at the end of March. These are also about the supernatural and I love them. As I told Bryan the other night, "Who knew I would love books about vampires and demon hunters? All there has to be is a love story and I love it."

I do have to warn that there is more swearing in this series and there is a gay character. Still--great fun to veg out and read.

I'm also almost finished with a murder mystery series I've been reading. Not the best written and really rather annoying but it's something to read while I wait for "City of Glass" to come out. I do have to also mention a book called "The Hunger Games". Great book--read it. I love books! And thanks to book club because without you I wouldn't have found so many of these books.

5 comments:

LeShel said...

I'm glad you've found other great reads to tunnel your obsession. How awesome. I still can't get over how much I was sure I was going to hate Ender's Game and then how MUCH I LOVED IT!

Roger and Deborah Garner said...

I just reading your blog and thought when Lucas grows up, he is going to remember that hill of snow being a lot bigger then it is. I bet he has fun on it! I've been reading some books. The one was called "Coming out of the ice" and I may have told you about it. the last one was "Rachel's tears". It was about the Columbine tragedy. It made me want to be a better person. I don't think I'm into the vampires as much as you are but the "Twilight" series were intertaining.

Camille said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. It is always nice to get feedback. The whole process took us 1hour and 45 minutes. For more details go back to the temple post on my blog. I added more details.

Jennilynn and Jeff said...

I will have to look into it and see if it is something that I would like

Shnopa said...

If you can overlook things like what you mentioned are in the books you're reading now (a little swearing, sucking necks, etc.) I would recommend Interview With A Vampire by Anne Rice. That book took me completely out of my life and was very interesting. But don't tell anyone I recommended it. The books afterwards get worse and worse (as far as death and mystique are concerned), but the first one is very well written.