Monday, February 22, 2010

Official

Yesterday I was released as the Relief Society president of my ward. I always knew I would feel sad but I was taken back by how sad I was all last week. I spent much of the week on the verge of tears and at night I couldn't sleep and would cry as I thought about everything. There are things to feel relieved about because it is a time consuming calling, but in truth it has been my favorite calling ever. I love the Relief Society program and the sisters in it.

I'm so grateful I was able to bear my testimony yesterday in Sacrament meeting. After that I felt better--until the Stake Relief Society president came up to me and told me she'd heard about the change. I could tell she knew exactly what I was feeling and that helped me more than anything.

Today I'm feeling much better. I'm sure it will still take some getting used to and I still feel I need to be doing something. I'm excited to serve with the Activity Day girls (8 to 11 year old girls), and I feel like I can serve the sisters in my ward in a way I couldn't before.

I'm just so grateful to Heavenly Father to have been given the opportunity to serve the women in my ward. I've learned and grown so much!

4 comments:

Gabriela said...

I am sure you were a wonderful RS president, and that you'll be great at your new calling too.

I was sad too, being released from that calling-it is so much work, but so worth it-so many blessings come from participating in RS.

(hoping my next calling is in RS, can you tell? Since Margarita turns 12 next week I think it's wishful thinking.)

Amber said...

Lynne! I can only imagine how you must be feeling. You were a wonderful RS President! Love ya!

LeShel said...

transition can kill you. It's hard to end something that you love. Sorry but also happy for you to have some weight off your shoulders.
I have an RS calling you are welcome to have. I realize that doesn't help but just saying it helps me feel better. Silly me, this is about you!
Love you! Wish I could wrap my arms around you and take you out to eat and then laugh our heads off while we play! Take care and know that you did your best. Sometimes when we think it haunts us and it shouldn't. You did AWESOME.

Roger and Deborah Garner said...

I too wish I could take you to lunch. I was studying about Enoch (Primary Lesson). He wondered why he was called. I have felt that way many times but what the amazing part is that by the time I'm released from a calling, I see how the Lord has raised me up and helped me grow. I then take ownership of the calling and it is hard to let go . . . to turn it over to someone else. I grew to love the calling and the people I served. I then am called to do something else and grow in a new area. I have to admit that I have loved more callings then others. Love you Lynne