Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Tree 2008

When we bought our home the front yard was landscaped for us and whoever did it must not have known much about trees. We've been told several times that the pine tree in our front yard will grow to be too big and it could hurt the foundation. So we decided to let it grow and then use if for a Christmas tree. This year Bryan decided to cut it down.
It has made a beautiful tree--it may be my favorite ever (the picture doesn't really do it justice). The best part is that we saved at least $50! You can't beat a free tree. We've even thought of planting a bunch in the backyard so we could cut one down every year. I don't think that would work though, what would we do with all the stumps?
This is us by the tree watching the Hogwarts Express go around. Uncle Brian gave it to us last year and we love it. If Ty is unhappy I take him in, sit him down, and turn on the train. We've spent more time in by the tree this year then ever before. I love the train and I also love looking at all the ornaments we have. Each one has a memory or is special in it's own way.

5 comments:

Cassie said...

Man that was an easy trip to get the tree this year! How fun for the train...maybe we should come visit your house my boys would love that!

LeShel said...

that is one cool Christmas Tree. for years Lucas will talk about the tree from the yard. Great idea!

Adrianne said...

Love the tree. I want a train around my tree! (Do I sound like a three year ol or what?) We need to get together with Cristy, give me a call whenever you have time.

Suzanne said...

Sweet tree! What a great idea to use a tree from your yard! I can't wait to see you guys. I didn't get to see you and Ty when you were up last. I bet Ty is getting so big. See ya soon!

Cassie said...

Lynne he is just kidding about the GFL!

Hope you guys have a good trip to Idaho!!