Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten

Today was Lucas' first day of kindergarten! He was so excited but I could tell that he was nervous also (as you can tell from his smiles this morning). He was ready way before it was time to go. I drove him to the school this morning for his first day and then he rode the bus home. Tomorrow he will ride the bus to and from school. I am so proud of him and how well he does away from home. Last year his preschool teacher told me he was the best behaved in his class and I know he'll be that way this year. He may have issues at home with me but he is so good at listening to others.

I was surprised this morning at how emotional I got walking away from the school. I really didn't expect that at all. I was just so grateful for Ty and that I was holding him in my arms.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

He is so grown up! I can't believe it.